Monday, February 22, 2010

Snow Day!

Well, Sunday we woke up to two feet of freshly fallen snow in the front yard. What do you do on such a snowy day? Bundle up the baby and take him out for family photos, of course. Carson wasn't quite sure what to think of the white stuff, but I think the look on his face tells a pretty good story. Later that afternoon we headed over to my mom's house for Nick's birthday dinner. Somehow we've managed to spread his celebration over the entire week...and I think that suits him just fine. For Valentine's Day Nick was kind enough to get me a cake decorating kit, which I was more than happy to test drive and make a couple of cakes for the party. For those of you who don't know, I am addicted to Food Network's cake shows. Completely addicted. I watch them and become inspired. They foolishly lead me to believe that I should quit my job and bake and decorate cakes for the rest of my life. I think Nick just wishes I would cook dinner more often. For now...it's a fun hobby with which I can still use much practice.



Topsy Turvey cake...a bit of a flop, but a learning experience!

Nick's Yankee cake and baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment