Monday, January 3, 2011

What a holiday season! As many of you know, Christmas is by far my favorite time of year. I wish we could have the feeling at Christmas time all year round. Carson sure kept us jumping this year. He doesn't quite get the whole unwrapping of gifts thing yet....and wasn't sure he wanted to continue after he got hold of the first one. The paper and box were just too much to give up for other things. We spent Christmas Eve at my Mom's house and Christmas Day at Nick's mom's. It was good to see everyone...and everyone spoiled Carson rotten. He made out like a bandit; clothes, a rocking horse, a new snow suit, books, a football, a chainsaw (almost like Daddy's), new bath toys, a tool bench....all kinds of goodies. I too was a bit spoiled - new lenses for my camera, The Cake Boss' new book, and the best gift of all...a date with my husband. He took me to a Magic Show in Tahoe this last week. Neither of us were quite sure what to expect, but had a great time. We were dragged on stage to help the magician wtih a few tricks. It was hilarious. Nick was kept on stage to entertain the crowd. He did a little choreographed dancing and magic for everyone. I wish I had a camera. Back to Christmas....Nick's Christmas was focused on house improvement with a hedge trimmer and chainsaw. He also got a pair of snowboots just in case the weather isn't cooperative while he is out in the yard. We did manage to stay awake until midnight this year. Carson was fast asleep, and we were pretty darn close, but we stuck it out. We're looking forward to next season, when he will be more aware.

Now, the countdown to the new baby. We're excited and nervous. If this new little fella is anything like his brother, we are in for a heck of a ride!
I think I'll sleep riiiight here.











Plum tuckered out.





Carson likes Daddy's chainsaw better...












Yeessss! A football!




Helping daddy light a fire Christmas morning.




Christmas Eve at Grandma Nancy's



No comments:

Post a Comment